Re: Other nethack options (Was: nethack popularity contest - number_pad?)

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 08:09:00AM -0400, Lukas Geyer wrote:
> Right, that reminds me of a default option which I always change,
> namely pickup_types. I don't know what the default is at the moment
> (in woody it seems to be just $), but IMHO things to be auto-pickuped
> are "$!?+/=, and some characters might even leave out the spellbooks,
> though one can at least sell them for decent money. Making nethack
> options debconf question seems a bit silly to me, but I don't see why
> we should stick to upstream defaults when they are wrong...

    Define "right".  Opinions don't constitute "right".  If they did here's
"right": numberpad w/NO auto-pickup except for money.  I don't want my packs
full of crap; let me decide what to pick up and what to leave laying on the
ground.

    Best to stick to upstream defaults because for those of us who know we
want it different than defaults will know what to change right off the bat.