Re: search-citeseer_0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 08:44:01PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> Yes. This way to show issues is the right one but the James way is
> not. He doesn't do a suggestion but an exigency. This is wrong.

He did the right thing.

> Yes. The reson of my first mail is exactly this. I want make some troube
> to warn the way of some Debian Developpers do their work. James have the
> better itention possible, to have small subset possible of packages and
> like but the way of request it is wrong.
>
> James should be more cordial and try talk with developpers. We
> (developpers) are all tring to do a great distribution and we should
> always discuss that things and doesn't thing we are always right.

The best approach is to bring the subject up for discussion on -devel or
-mentors and ask other developers for their input before uploading,
splitting, etc.  So yes, there should be discussion, but no, it is not his
responsibility to initiate discussion, but the maintainer's (yours).

--
 - mdz