Re: search-citeseer_0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On 16-Oct-03, 10:50 (CDT), Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> wrote:
> [ I'm including the debian-devel list in CC since I appreciate the
> opinion of others developpers ]

Okay, since you ask:

> James Troup <ftpmaster@debian.org> writes:
> > This package is dubiously small enough as it is without being split
> > into two.  There's no need to separate the 2k .el file into a separate
> > package.  If depending on emacs bothers you, make it a suggests.

James is correct. Just put it all in one package. No one is obliged to
use the .el files.

> Other issue is the last depends of emacsen and someone can doesn't
> like have an emacsen installed in machine.

What part of "If depending on emacs bothers you, make it a suggests." did
you not understand?

> If we doesn't want small packages in Debian, please include this in
> Debian Policy and then I'll agree without asking but this is not the
> case.

Not every good practice is in Policy. You're supposed to be able to
apply a little common sense as well. The objection is not to a small
package but pointless splitting of packages.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net