Re: Package which uses jam (instead make)

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 08:24:20PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > You aren't trying to make debian/rules a jam script are you?
> Even if he was, that would be fine if he knew how to do it properly.
I wasn't ;)

Nevermind... I still have problems with `jam install`. I don't know how
to pass to it directory prefix.

I've checked mentioned lurker but it seems that the way how is he doing
it is now obsoleted. Then I've read some manuals/documentation of jam and
I've found information about LOCATE viariable but this didn't work as
I expected. Is there any advanced user of jam here?
Or maybe not advanced but more advance than me? ;)

I can workaround this problem with dh_install but there has to be some
way to use jam for it.
In addition doing it with dh_install is simple for netpanzer because it
has only one binary file but netpanzer-data will have dozens of various
files and then using `jam install` would be very useful.

I could put my files on some website but building it requires liphysfs
which is absent in Debian archives :/

regards
fEnIo

--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska