Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation (was something else)

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 09:30:19PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Just about everyone else appears to feel all they should care about is
> the changes they make in their NMU instead of actually caring about the
> package and the distribution.  There's this feeling of "not my problem".

Someone who has a feeling of "not my problem" won't be thinking of
doing an NMU in the first place.  I present myself as Exhibit A.

Translators have an area of interest that doesn't fit neatly into
a few packages.   They're not alone in this -- porters, and people
who manage transitions, are in the same boat.  That doesn't mean
they care less, it just means they care about specific aspects
of all packages, rather than all aspects of specific packages.

You are berating people who are working to improve the distribution
because they're not doing as much volunteer work as you think they
should be doing.  That's rude.

Richard Braakman