Re: Objections to #156161?

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Thomas Hood wrote:
> This is a second call for objections to #156161 as restated

No objections.  I am fine with the idea that we define, within Debian,
that for sysv-rc no S or K symlink means "leave it alone", which in
turn means "deny all requests" for invoke-rc.d.

It is up to the administrator to understand that this will break upgrades
in weird ways if a service absolutely HAS to be restarted, since that
restart will simply not happen.  There is no clean fix until we get all
initcripts to properly support the new LSB-introduced (and many times
requested within Debian) equivalent to "restart only if it is already
running".  At that time, it is very simple to fix invoke-rc.d to be
a bit more intelligent.

  Henrique Holschuh