Re: better make a standard for /etc/*/*_not_to_be_run

Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> writes:

> Oh, barf. For 99% of the installations, if you are installing a daemon,
> you want it to run. Thus, the sensible default is to set it up to do so.

     Many packages can run as a daemon, but can run equally well when
invoked on the command line.  For instance most (all?) MTAs run as
daemons by default.  I never knowingly allow an MTA to run as a daemon
on my machines, but have been surprised at times to find one running.

Regards,

Bob
--
   _