better make a standard for /etc/*/*_not_to_be_run

Just these so far?
$ ls /etc/*/*_not_to_be_run
/etc/apache/apache_not_to_be_run  /etc/ssh/sshd_not_to_be_run
Any more?

Indeed, there are plenty of packages that I want installed, but that I use
only once a year or that are controlled by /etc/ppp/ip-*, thus I don't
want them started each boot.

zgrep not_to_be_run /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/*
shows nothing.

Hmmm, better make a standard for it quick.  Should it be
/etc/$package/${package}_not_to_be_run
or
/etc/$package/${package}d_not_to_be_run
or some entirely different directory:
/etc/boot_no_run/ etc. etc.

After you set the policy, then those programs that want to give the
choice of starting at boot or not would at least have a standard place
to look for the answer.