Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no> writes:

> * Goswin von Brederlow
>
> | Given 20 bugs with most likely overlapping problems one patch for all
> | is much simpler than to get 20 patches made that work alone and in
> | combination (if thats even possible).
>
> Why would most likely 20 random bugs from a package most likely have
> overlapping patches?
>
> IME, for non-trivial packages, bugs don't have overlapping patches.
> (Unless they are the same bug, and if so, they should just be merged.)

Its just my experience. If a package I use has that many bugs and I'm
going to fix it I will take the bugs arising on my system and
everything clustered around the problem. There might be 150 unrelated
bugs but I would concentrate on the 20 bugs related to what happens on
my system, to what I can reproduce easily.

There also might be thousands of packages with independant bugs but
those are beside the point.

MfG
        Goswin