Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

[Goswin von Brederlow]
> I propose that when a package has <X> open bug (or RC bugs) for a
> reasonable long time without activity anyone can just declare themself
> co-maintainer and do the work.

An accepted way to help maintainers is to send patches into BTS that
fixes the reported problem, and tag the bug 'patch'.  This way one can
provide solutions for the maintainer to consider, and save them lots
of time.

I do not seem the need for forcing co-maintainers on maintainers doing
a bad job until most bugs are ignored even if the bug reports have
patches fixing the problem included.

Your idea could be considered if there are packages with lots of open
bugs were patches are included, and the maintainer are just ignoring
these.  Then the package should probably be hijacked or just NMUed.
As far as I know, there are not many packages like that.