Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 10:53:52AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

> > [Goswin von Brederlow]
> > > So we have to go through the "waiting for the maintainer not to
> > > reply, finding a sponsor, waiting for the delayed NMU to go through"
> > > cycle for every single one line bugfix instead of doing one NMU that
> > > will fix 20 bugs in one go?

> > It is OK to fix several bugs at once in one NMU.

> He (you forgot his quote) said he wouldn't Sponsor an NMU but just
> bugs in the BTS.

And what in that comment, pray, leads you to think that I would be
uploading NMUs to fix one bug at a time?  Do you automatically assume
that DDs will do things in the least logical way possible?  If there are
multiple bugs in the BTS, with patches, for a package that needs an NMU,
I'm not going to go to the trouble of NMUing at someone else's request
and then only fix one bug at a time.

Do not Cc: me; I am subscribed to the list.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer