Re: debconf 2005 in Vienna, Austria

Christian Perrier wrote:
> > > But close to it would be a good idea also. Dunno whether LinuxTag
> > > happens on a week-end or during the week, but it would be ideal to
> > > have Debconf one week after LinuxTag (so that people attending LT
> > > could come at DebCamp in the between).
> >
> > LinuxTag is usually from Thursday to Sunday.
>
> I thought it was 1 day long.. :-)

That was *looooooong* ago, maybe 97 or 98 or so.  Even in 99
it was already a two days event and has grown since.  For several
people it's already a LinuxWeek. :)

> Anyway, that could give the following schedule :
>
> Thursday-Sunday : LinuxTag at WhereverHeim, Germany

WhereverHeim... *lol*

> Sunday evening : folks travel to Debcamp in Vienna, Austria
> Monday-Friday : Debcamp
> Saturday, Sunday : Debconf

Sounds good.  Now LinuxTag manages to be at the end of the uni semester
and Debcamp+-conf will be at the start of the lecture-less time, students
are able to attend.  This worked for debconf (except for me *grumble*)
this year.  I'm mentioning this since I've heard from several students
that they hated us for not being able to attend LinuxTag since it's in
the middle of the exam-period at the end of the semester.

Regards,

	Joey

--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain