Re: debconf 2005 in Vienna, Austria

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk
--
The surest protection against temptation is cowardice.
		-- Mark Twain

Citat Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org>:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 02:29:06AM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> >> That sound so appealing that I would even consider also attendig
> >> LinuxTag :-)
> >
> >Keep in mind, this is 730km and will take up to 8-12h
> >
> >Wien is not exactly close to western europe.
>
> You haven't lived in North America, have you.  An 8 hour drive is easy.
> I can't even get into the next province in 8 hours; it takes 16 hours.
>
> 4 hours to get somewhere is just an enjoyable Sunday drive.

Actually the bustour from Stockholm to Copenhagen is 8 hours and it is cheaper
than any low price airline (38 EUR, if you are max. 25, it's actually 31 EUR).
It's about 670 km.

I know of no low cost airline that can match the distance at that price, if you
include the costs that regularly are to get to and from the airport, taxes etc.

Also there is the stress of getting there in time, check-in, you'll have to buy
your own food onboard low cost arlines and so on.

All that could be taken care of by arranging some common transportation.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen