Re: Future releases of Debian

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 03:52:38PM -0400, David Z Maze wrote:
> "Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> writes:
> > On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 08:25:16PM +0200, Robert Lemmen wrote:
> >> me too! any package that doesn't build on m68k or arm is broken and
> >> needs to be fixed, even if it works on x86 by chance!
> >
> > So, are you volunteering to help those of us without access to
> > either of the above architectures with "bugs" found in our packages?
> But Debian has ~public machines for pretty much every architecture.
> I'd say "look on http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi";, except that's
> down; I can at least point you at section 4.4 of the Developer's
> Reference, though that doesn't say a whole lot beyond this.  I admit
> that this doesn't necessarily help for testing installers, but for
> your own packages it should be straightforward for you to do testing
> and bugfixing even on architectures you don't personally own a machine
> for.

Now you're assuming that I have access to the Debian machines.  TMK,
these machines are *not* public access machines, but instead are
accessible to full DDs only.  This excludes all new maintainer
applicants, myself included.

Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar