Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On ti, 2003-07-22 at 16:52, Marc Leeman wrote:
> Obviously not having gone through the entire Debian Maintainer process,
> I wonder how much effort it takes for an experienced developer to check
> such a trivial package (if you will, compare it with the Pro-Deo system
> barristers have). Let's face it, most packages that get posted in
> -mentors are not that complex.

I also usually don't react to requests to sponsor a package of a program
that I wouldn't use myself. If I sponsor a package, and upload it, it
implies that I have investigated and tested the package, and guarantee
that it is of good quality. If I wouldn't use the program myself, this
becomes harder to do, in many cases quite hard.

If the program requires hardware I don't have (such as a particular MP3
player), then it of course becomes impossible.

This is not a perfect state of affairs, especially from the sponsored
person's point of view, but I'm not sure how it could be improved
without lowering quality.

--
Debian developers for gentleness.