Re: default MTA for sarge

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:24:19 -0400, David B Harris
<david@eelf.ddts.net> wrote:
>On the other hand, though, it likely makes the debconf configuration
>stuff significantly easier to implement. For my first exim4 config, I
>used the debconf-generated /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated, copied
>it to /etc/exim4/exim4.conf, and they blew away /etc/exim4/conf.d (or
>whatever) with extreme prejudice.

It will also greatly aid future updates. When the local admin changes
something in a single big exim.conf, the entire file drops out of dpkg
conffile handling, making updates a major endeavour.

With the gazillion little files, a change makes only _this_
router/transport/acl/foo drop out of dpkg-conffile handling which will
make merging local and package changes much easier.

Greetings
Marc