Re: default MTA for sarge

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:49:12 +0200
Sebastian Kapfer <sebastian_kapfer@web.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:50:10 +0200, Joshua Kwan wrote:
>
> > Well, the solution is obvious. Since during all Debian installs, people
> > are asked to create a non-root user (ie: joshk); why not tell exim to
> > use the account created during setup as the one we assume to be for
> > day-to-day use? In all *nix installations where this happens, the
> > account I choose is always the one I tell root mail to go to.
>
> That's my experience, too. I'm not sure if Debian does (or should) require
> creating an account. Sure it's the right thing to do...

Everything that doesn't need to be run as root shouldn't be run as root.
This includes user desktop environments and similar. Period. The hell
that is Windows network installation is largely the result of bad
privilege seperation.

Or perhaps you'd like having another million zombie hosts with which to
DoS my networks, your networks, and the networks of complete strangers?