Re: default MTA for sarge

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 03:26:57PM +0200, Sebastian Kapfer wrote:
> The best solution (at least for the average user which doesn't care about
> his MTA) would IMHO be a question along the lines of "Which user account
> should receive messages for the system administrator?" I.e. not even
> mentioning the technical details. The word "mail" might be misleading
> here.

Well, the solution is obvious. Since during all Debian installs, people are
asked to create a non-root user (ie: joshk); why not tell exim to use
the account created during setup as the one we assume to be for
day-to-day use? In all *nix installations where this happens, the
account I choose is always the one I tell root mail to go to.

Does debian-installer currently REQUIRE you to create a non-root
account? If it does, then modifying the exim configure scripts for local
delivery and root mail to $SETUP_USER is trivial (I think?)

"Notice that, written there, rather legibly, in the Baroque style common
to New York subway wall writers, was, uhm... was the old familiar
suggestion. And rather beautifully illustrated, as well..."

       -- Art Garfunkel on the inspiration for "A Poem On The Underground Wall"