Re: Debian conference in the US?

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 08:55:31PM -0700, Marc Singer wrote:

> This doesn't mean that we should not have a
> Debian conference in North America.  I'm sure there are many North
> American DDs who'd like to meet more DDs in person.  Having a
> conference in the US or Canada is not an endorsement of US foreign
> policy.

You all probably know that there are some serious privacy issues
involved in traveling to the US.  Carriers are forced to pass all their
information about the passengeres on to the US authorities, including:
previous connecting flight, place of orginal departure, requests for
special food (read: non pork), credit card information and other
personal information.

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)			http://sights.seindal.dk/