Re: Debian conference in the US?

On Fri, 23 May 2003 03:20, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         You are taking personal actions inimical to the standard of
>  living of me and my loved ones in retaliation for actions by my
>  government (which I have little control over), and you expect me to
>  roll over and congratulate you all on your stance? Hell, my first
>  instinct is to try and see how I can retaliate.

Great!  Now we are making some progress.  The US (both government and people)
does this sort of thing routinely to other countries.  Most Americans can't
understand why it will make people outside the US unhappy.

>         Let me clue all of you in: anyone who takes a stand and tries
>  to hurt the US economy, I see as a taking action inimical to me, and
>  my loved ones, and I do *NOT* see that as friendly action.

It seems that a large portion of the US population is trying to hurt the
economy of any country that doesn't follow the US line (see France as an
example).

What do you think of the boycots of French products?  Do you oppose them on
principle?

PS  How exactly would you retaliate against the rest of the world?

PPS  Be grateful that you have more control over your government than I have
over mine.  My government obeys yours.