Re: Debian conference in the US?

On Thu, 22 May 2003 22:39:02 +1000, Russell Coker
<russell@coker.com.au> said:

> On Thu, 22 May 2003 17:06, Miles Bader wrote:
>> You mean the iraq war?  What's the point?  How is avoiding the
>> U.S. going to help anything, regardless of how strongly you feel
>> about the U.S. governments acts or positions?

> When tourism goes down the hotel, entertainment, and airline
> industries suffer.  If enough people boycott the US because of this
> then it'll keep the American economy down.

	I see. You all are personally taking action to make it harder
 for my friends and relatives to find a job, or get decent health care
 (my ex-boss has been looking for employment for 27 months now, and my
 step daughter does not have a job with benefits), and you expect me
 to have sympathy for your views?

	You are taking personal actions inimical to the standard of
 living of me and my loved ones in retaliation for actions by my
 government (which I have little control over), and you expect me to
 roll over and congratulate you all on your stance? Hell, my first
 instinct is to try and see how I can retaliate.

	Let me clue all of you in: anyone who takes a stand and tries
 to hurt the US economy, I see as a taking action inimical to me, and
 my loved ones, and I do *NOT* see that as friendly action.

	manoj
--
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. Ben
Franklin