Re: Debian conference in the US?

On Thu, 22 May 2003 20:55:31 -0700, Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> said:

> Perhaps we can look at this a different way.  I haven't read anyone
> voicing the opinion that GWB (can't say the name of the beast out
> loud) is a 'good fellow'.  I'm supposing that all of us agree that
> he's a snake-oil salesmen of the odious kind, interested most in
> lining his pockets and the pockets of his pals at the expense of the
> majority of US citizens as well as international citizens.  He is a
> ignorant bully whose opinions and actions don't represent me or my
> cohort.

	While I personally may not be unsympathetic to that line of
 reasoning, you should realize that the president enjoys a high
 approval rating domestically, and so not all people agree with that
 sentiment.

	I think this is the basic flaw of people espousing your views
 on this subject: You are so convinced of your utter infallibility
 that any action you propose in accordance with your viewpoint are
 justified; which is ironical, since that is precisely what you accuse
 the americans of doing.

	manoj
--
We're only in it for the volume. Black Sabbath