Re: Debian conference in the US?

On Thu, 22 May 2003 12:43:22 -0500, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.cx> said:

> It may be too little if only one person does it... But I know *MANY*
> people who simply will avoid (to de extent possible in Mexico, at
> least) buying any American goods.

> In my particular cas -and I think many other developers will agree-
> this did not suddenly start with the Iraqi war - The USA have long
> been a country with little or none respect for privacy and freedom,
> standing in the way of technological advance.

> How will it help anything? First of all, if they notice that they
> are ceasing to be the focus of technological development, they might
> understand that they are doing something wrong. And even if they
> don't, at least I feel better ;-)

	It is easy to take actions secure in the feeling that there
 are no consequences (which seems to be part of your complaint against
 my goverment).

	Hmm. What if  I pass this mail around locally and
 reciprocate. IU doubt if people in my community would be happy about
 tis boycott.  This could get to be fun. I'll send it along to all my
 relatives here in the US who put me on the chain lists. If we get
 enough people in the US participating in this boycott, it may make a
 difference.

	Since we all ugly americans, we may need to be educated about
 where this .cx place is ;-)

	manoj
--
There's no saint like a reformed sinner.