Re: Daft Internet Stuff [Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)]

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 10:26:38AM +0100, Matt Ryan wrote:
> Emile van Bergen wrote:
> > So what do you propose then, to drop everything just because you
> > cynically point out that a lot of rules are being violated today?
> Society evolves and with it rules change, we need
> to accept this and see what evolves - if it turns out to be bad then limits
> will have to be applied, but I'm not seeing a complete state of anarchy
> break out yet...

These are all valid points, however, I still don't want to read HTML
e-mail in mutt.
Asking people to blindly follow a set of rules, doesn't as you say work.
However, if someonbe does send me an e-mail, I send one back explaining
why HTML e-mail is bad and wrong due to a) compatability and b)
bandwidth issues.

It then doesn't happen again, as people realise why the 'rules' were set
up in the first place.

Neil
--
16 Channels in mode 4
I disclaim everything I can under English law.