Re: Managing network parameters for nomad machines

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 10:41:01PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> We need a kind of "subscription system" where interested packages can be
> informed of changes - e.g. a "/etc/network-param-changes.d".

The right way to do it would seem to be a symlink arrangement like:

	/etc/resolv.conf ->
		/run/etc-profile/resolv.conf
	/run/etc-profile ->
		/etc/profiles/home

and then have a script that updates /run/etc-profile and restarts
any necessary daemons when you change location. Doing that as an
/etc/network/if-pre-up.d script would be pretty straightforward.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''