Re: debconf template translation

> > I agree that *socially*, this might be a problem.
> >
> > So, what to do?
> >
> > How about you continue filing bugs with translated templates for the
> > time being? The release is not anywhere on the horizon.
> You understand that's almost an infinite amount of work? (Although it
> can be automated.)

Notice that buildd maintainers are doing almost that for
fail-to-build-from-source bugs, so it is not entirely
impossible.

> The only solution, IMHO, to this problem is a system that cuts out the
> maintainer from the translation process (Of course they can take
> responsibility of one or more languages) and adds translations to
> packages automagically. I'm not saying that I have the answer here and
> now, but I do think we should think hard about it and support what Grisu
> is doing.

Basically, maintainer system is somewhat working with
build failure bugs, where we have

1. buildd.debian.org to initially check build failures
2. bugs are filed after buildd maintainers check the build log
3. if maintainer does not respond, someone NMUs the build failure.

regards,
	junichi