Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

[...]

>>> You want to ignore a denial of service poison pill, and you think
>>> I am being silly?
>
>> DOS ? Well, micq is an icq client, and the (very stupid)
>> modification made by upstream doesn't make me unable to use icq
>> (well, I'm using gnomeicu...).
>
>	Now you are saying micq has no value (since loss of its
> services was of no consequence). Given
>
>> Be serious. The program even give a immediate solution to the
>> problem. (to download the upstream debian package).
>
>	And that is somehow acceptable?

My problem is there, of course, the behavior of upstream is a
misbehavior, but there is no security risk. I don't see any :
- user data loss
- user data revealed
- back door

So I don't see any risk here (only in the imagination of some, but no
real risk), and then removing the package will harm some of our
user.
[...]

--
Rémi Vanicat