Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:54, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Fine. This particular cracker hid a poison pill in the
>  program, which would attempt to evade developer checks, and, at a
>  point in time, trigger to deny the use the services of the
>  program. Denial of services trojan, rahter cleverly
>  disguised. Still, the upstream is a cracker, and next time, he'll do
>  worse.

I think that you are being unfair to crackers when comparing them to this.

I suspect that many (most?) crackers would not trojan their own software to
make a point.

I believe that under the laws of many countries a theft committed by an
employee will be punished more severely than the same theft committred by an
outsider.  This is because they violated the trust put in them.  I think that
the same thing applies here.  Ruediger was trusted and violated that trust.