Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 08:19:57PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  > Do you really think it's outside the upstream author's authority to
>  > add if statements, printfs and exit's to his program? Or to have
>  > the considered opinion that the Debian package is so broken, no one
>  > should use it?
> 	Do you consider outside the upstream authors authority to
>  exec rm -rf $HOME ?

I consider that question entirely irrelevant to the case at hand. The
upstream author's code wasn't risky in the slightest, and as far as
users of the program are concerned, he was trying to help them.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''