Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

 > Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes: [...]

 > Yes you are when you say that next time he'll do worse "this boy
 > have stole a candy, we should kill him because next time he'll do
 > worse"

	Once you have demostrated a lack of trustworthiness, we
 should make sure you are not left alone with a whole lot of candy;
 and there should be some consequences. Not just, oh, he's just a
 boy, and will grow out of that phase.

 >> You want to ignore a denial of service poison pill, and you think
 >> I am being silly?

 > DOS ? Well, micq is an icq client, and the (very stupid)
 > modification made by upstream doesn't make me unable to use icq
 > (well, I'm using gnomeicu...).

	Now you are saying micq has no value (since loss of its
 services was of no consequence). Given

 > Be serious. The program even give a immediate solution to the
 > problem. (to download the upstream debian package).

	And that is somehow acceptable?

 > I really believe that you are paranoid here.

	Since this concerns the reputation of Debian, and a cleverly
 hidden DOS attack, yes, I am paranoid. I hope you are not in charge
 of security anywhere.

	manoj
--
Earth -- mother of the most beautiful women in the universe. Apollo,
"Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1