Re: more and more broken packages?

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 05:18:24PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:

> If "testing (currently sarge) shouldn't actually be run by anyone", how
> can we honestly tell our users to upgrade to sarge when sarge becomes
> the new stable?

Hopefully by the time sarge gets released glibc will have progressed
into testing.

> If we get to the point of discouraging someone to use testing, the idea
> of "testing as a distribution which is in an always releseable state"
> is fundamentally flawed.

The whole thing with testing does rather break down when a package as
fundamental as glibc gets held up.  The problem with testing right now
is that glibc hasn't been able to progress to testing for several months
and so pretty much every compiled program is being held up waiting for
that, including security updates and so on.