Re: more and more broken packages?

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Michael Stone wrote:

> No you should not run testing. Testing is a hole, and shouldn't actually
> be run by anyone. The software that's there is there because it compiled
> properly a few months ago, when something last made it in. It might be
> buggy, it might reformat your hard disk, and it will not and can not be
> fixed in the forseeable future.

If "testing (currently sarge) shouldn't actually be run by anyone", how
can we honestly tell our users to upgrade to sarge when sarge becomes
the new stable?

If we get to the point of discouraging someone to use testing, the idea
of "testing as a distribution which is in an always releseable state"
is fundamentally flawed.