Re: why is it not moving to testing

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 05:23:06PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>     * (I can't count) Surely, if a package build-depends on a specific
>       version of another package, the maintainer won't just hope that
>       the autobuilder happens to have the correct version...

Often this happens by accident - you start using something so you pick
up the most current version.  If there have been recent changes and you
happen to rely upon them you're likely not to notice and therefore not
declare the version required.  This is the sort of thing that used to
happen quite a lot with packages depending on newer debconf features
without declaring them breaking testing when they got moved in.