Re: Announcing apt-watch: a Gnome 2 panel applet to check for upgrades

  That reminds me, (and slap me down if this is OT), is there a simple
 clean way to get the date upon which a package was removed from a Debian

  I've written a small toy, dpkg-changes, which will show a summery of
 packages added or removed to a system since it's last invocation; and
 I can find the date a package was added to a system, but I don't see
 a simple method of determining when a package was removed.

  (dpkg-changes; http://www.steve.org.uk/Software/dpkg-changes/)

  A sample run looks like this:
skx@hell:~$ sudo dpkg-changes
Package Change Report for hell.my.flat

1 package removed:

2 packages added:
        hping2          Wed Dec 11 21:04:29 2002
        tcpdump         Sat Dec 14 18:25:56 2002

www.gnump3d.org   - GPL MP3 Streamer!