Re: Is Sid for broken stuff? Is it too much to ask for testing the packages?

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:43:07PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> Now, what I really want is for someone to make a package like pbuilder
> that can use an existing chroot, without untarring it each time, because
> that's slow.  Shouldn't be hard to do, I just haven't found the time.

Another two suggestions for pbuilder (assuming that they aren't already
there...):

1. When a package failes to build, pbuilder cleans up the environment.
   It would be nice if there was a way of logging in to the chroot
   session first, so you can tell what went wrong.

2. Automatic package testing mode; instead of installing the source, it
   would install/reinstall/remove/purge the generated binaries (this
   might be difficult though if the package generates multiple
   conflicting packages...).

3. Manual package testing mode; similar to above but allows DD to login
   and try it out.

On wait, thats 3 things. Ooops!
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>