Re: Is Sid for broken stuff? Is it too much to ask for testing the packages?

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 20:46, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> Indeed.  Colin Walters (or is it Chris Waters) hasa wonderful howto on his
> people.d.o site about how to setup a Debian chroot with debootstrap and
> getty.

Or is it Colin Watson?  Our plot to confuse everyone is working, I
see... :)

Actually it was me, and the relevant URL is:

http://people.debian.org/~walters/chroot.html

It's also handy, I think, for running a base woody system, and then
having a chroot with unstable that you log into for development, running
the latest apps, etc.

Now, what I really want is for someone to make a package like pbuilder
that can use an existing chroot, without untarring it each time, because
that's slow.  Shouldn't be hard to do, I just haven't found the time.