Re: Is Sid for broken stuff? Is it too much to ask for testing the packages?

> Now, what I really want is for someone to make a package like pbuilder
> that can use an existing chroot, without untarring it each time, because
> that's slow.  Shouldn't be hard to do, I just haven't found the time.

I *think* adding (an undocumented option, used for pbuilder-uml)
"--internal-build-uml" option to pbuilder whenever you invoke it will skip the tarring up part.

For example, if you have a chroot image at /tmp/sid, specifying:

pbuilder build --buildplace /tmp/sid --internal-build-uml  /home/dancer/pbuilder_0.52.dsc

will do what you probably want to do.
(it's not as brushed up as I want it to be, but it seems to work.)