Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:39:04PM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   I was wondering if there was a definitive list of all the setuid/setgid
>  binaries which may be installed from the Debian archives.
>
>   (Such a list would be very useful in prioritizing any examination of
>  source code).
>
>   I've partially worked my way through the list of packages which are
>  mentioned via the lintian warnings for 'setuid-binary' and 'setgid-binary'
>  which I found at:
>
> 	http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tsetuid-binary.html
>   and   http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tsetgid-binary.html
>
>   After that is there any location I could look at

Simply use the raw output of lintian, which includes the overridden tags.

http://lintian.debian.org/lintian.log

Then egrep 'set(g|u)id' lintian.log it, and you'll see the offset from the
web pages in O: lines.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.