Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

I'm contemplating switching to Gentoo for the following reasons:

-  Compiles source very trouble free from almost any tgz on the web
-  Seems VERY up-to-date
-  More friendly to newcomers (in my opinion)
-  Not likely to switch to Hurd some day
-  Not so close to GNU as Debian is, so can get fair take on:
  -  ReiserFS
  -  KDE
-  Not really a distrobution--more like a centralized source repository
-  Seems like a more simplified system altogether..

I like Debian mostly for the disciplined systems.

Matthew