Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 04:03:27AM -0800, Jon Kent wrote:
> I want Debian to be a key player, not an underdog or
> also ran, which some of you seem to be quite happy
> with.  This annoys the hell out of me, Debian was once
> looked up to, now its "the one with apt".

What does that mean, anyway? Does it mean that apt is a disadvantage? Or
that apt is our only advantage? Or what?

I reckon breadth of software and quality of the overall system are the
advantages personally, as well as the free software emphasis. We have
thousands of open source programs properly integrated into our system,
something I don't believe any of the others have. rpmfind.net doesn't
even score a mention.

Hamish