>>"Branden" == Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

 Branden> On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 09:33:54PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
 >> John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:
 >>
 >> > No, I do not have a site lined up.  I find it hard to believe that nobody
 >> > would find one by the time we both a) vote on the GR, and b) release the
 >> > next stable.  That would be months down the road.
 >>
 >> Too much work without enough benefit.

 Branden> If that's the case, then why is it really worth it that
 Branden> Debian continue to distribute it as some sort of appendix?

	Cause it is incremental effort. We already have an
 infrastructure that has been painstaking put in place for what we all
 primarily do in Debian.

 Branden> Is all of the stuff in non-free too weak to survive on its
 Branden> own merits?  Does it *deserve* our charity?

	Yes, because it enhances Debian, and it's utility to people
 who are committed to free software, but haven;t yet escaped the
 clutches of non free software.

	It used to be web browsers and office suites. Now it is the
 oddball program -- we can, and should, just let the non-free tree
 just die its slow, lingering, death.

	manoj
--
 DEATH: The penultimate commercial transaction finalized by
 probate. Bernard Rosenberg