On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:55:41PM -0500, Shaya Potter wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 20:43, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Let me first turn that around and ask you: what does it harm Debian and
> > Debian users?  Is it that hard to change a few characters in sources.list?
> many of the packages will not be apt-get'able if they are not on
> debian's mirror network, because people will not be able to handle the
> bandwidth requirements.  I remember when johnie ingram had to stop

Wait a minute.  All we need is one high-bandwidth mirror to be primary.
This could be a place like metalab, archive.progeny.com, VA, or any number
of other options.  The primary server doesn't have to be that

All this, of course, neglects the contrib idea, which wouldn't require any
extra servers at all.