On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 11:06:02AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Do you have such a site lined up? If so, that would make your
>  GR far more palatable. If not, this is just a pie in the sky red herring.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the whole concern about an alternative server
is a red herring itself :-)

No, I do not have a site lined up.  I find it hard to believe that nobody
would find one by the time we both a) vote on the GR, and b) release the
next stable.  That would be months down the road.

To make sure everyone understands that I'm not glossing over anything, I'll
point out that I realize this will take some effort on the part of the
non-free software supporters.  They will have to find a site, set up some
basic archive software, FTP/HTTP servers, etc.  It won't happen overnight,
but a period of many months is enough to see it occur, especially with the
vocal support we've seen for non-free software in these lists.

-- John