Re: URLs on debian.org/distrib/packages pages

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 06:00:15AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Every time this has been brought up in the past, the web team has
> > stated that upstream urls will be added they are available in a
> > standard place in an standard format.
>
> Might be an idea to say something like:
>
> 	``If the file /usr/share/doc/<pkgname>/copyright exist in the
> 	  package <pkgname>, and contains a line beginning with
> 	  "Upstream:", the text on the same line following that will be
> 	  added to the packages.debian.org pages.''
>
> instead.

Or, what we have stated already, put an URL anywhere in the Description:
field and it will be linked.

It does seem like a useful place, for other things that interpret
description fields... e.g. one could have a dselect-like program to browse
around the packages and be able to click through the links and start web
browsers... no need to drag out the copyright file (which is within the
package, not in the meta data).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.