On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 09:24:18AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> As noted elsewhere, xpdf isn't free enough for non-free anymore.

Huh?  Not only is it free enough for non-free, it's free enough for
main!

Package: xpdf
[...]
Filename: pool/main/x/xpdf/xpdf_2.00-1_all.deb

Furthermore:

/usr/share/doc/xpdf/copyright:

  Xpdf is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL), version 2.  In
  my opinion, the GPL is a convoluted, confusing, ambiguous mess.  But it's
  also pervasive, and I'm sick of arguing.  And even if it is confusing, the
  basic idea is good.

Please do not frighten people with demonstrably false predictions about
the impact of this GR.

If negative editorializing about the GPL is enough to make a package
non-free, main is in a lot of trouble!  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       "Bother," said Pooh, as he was