Re: apt always wants to re-install a deb

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 05:28:31PM +1300, Nick Phillips <nwp@nz.lemon-computing.com> was heard to say:
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 09:52:43AM -0700, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've somehow managed to create a package in my local apt repository that
> > insists on continually re-installing itself on apt-get upgrade.
>
> Most likely nothing to do with the package itself, rather that you have it
> flagged to reinstall. Have a look at it with aptitude.

  While aptitude has a bug that makes reinstallation states overly
sticky, this will have no effect whatsoever on apt-get.

  The apt system is known to become confused when two different packages
have the same version..this is probably another manifestation of that
problem.

  Daniel

|         "In the old days of analog sound, if you turned the volume          |
|          up too high, everything started to sound like Bob Dylan."          |
\-Evil Overlord, Inc: planning your future today. http://www.eviloverlord.com-/