Re: Regarding BitKeeper and its price list

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:44:56AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> No, I'm really not. Contrary to popular belief, this list isn't for the
> flamewar of the week, it's for *Debian development*. The -legal list
> was created precisely to make sure licensing discussions didn't get in
> the way of that.

Thread drift has happened as it always does, but the thrust of my
remarks has been to offer advice about the prudence of using BitKeeper
*as a development tool* under the gratis license to my fellow Debian
Developers.

I posted as much of an exegesis of the BK gratis license as I have any
plans to do on debian-devel-announce already, and that was only a means
to the above end, to justify my urging of caution.

Please disregard this message if you weren't actually complaining about
my messages in particular.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       Convictions are more dangerous
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       enemies of truth than lies.