Re: Regarding BitKeeper and its price list

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Branden Robinson wrote:

> > What exactly does this have to do with Debian and why are you trying to
> > involve the project in it?
>
> See my message to debian-devel-announce, which was deliberately targeted
> internally to the Project.

I have no problems with your post to d-d-a, I found it quite informative.
What bothers me is that you used the phrase 'on behalf of the debian
project' when asking someone who appears to have done something legally
questionable to disclose a private email conversation.

> I made a request for information on behalf of the Project to communicate
> the fact that I'd be sharing said information with rest of Debian.  It
> would have been misleading to give the impression that I was planning on
> keeping the requested information to myself.

You could have said that you were leading a discussion within Debian on
the merits of BK and would like Mr. Hansen to publish his conversation.
That would have at least made it quite clear Debian has nothing to do with
this request.

I mean really, what if Larry's Laywer gets upset that Mr Hansen's
conversation has been make public? He sent it to you, someone who claims
to be representing Debian _and you published it_.

Debian is now involved in this dispute, and I think that is entirely
inappropriate.

Jason