Re: Regarding BitKeeper and its price list

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Branden Robinson wrote:

> May I request, on behalf of the Debian Project, a copy of the email you
> got from Larry McVoy that threatened you with a copyright infringement
> lawsuit if you continued to publish the price list that BitMover
> furnished you with?

<blink>

What exactly does this have to do with Debian and why are you trying to
involve the project in it? I'm also slightly confused why you are talking
as though you represent the project. I have seen nothing from Bdale, and
AFAIK it is generally expected that generally the DPL or a representative
will be the ones to make statements on behalf of the project.

I personally think it's very lame to get involved with this guy. Despite
how you might feel it is standard buisness practice in North America to
keep quotations in confidence. BK is not doing something unusual or
illegal here. I manage a fair number of quotations in my day job and they
all have confidentiality statements on them.

Jason