Re: New Tasks

> Careful. How about a really big list with, say, 10,000 entries? When the
> list is too long, it's not useful anymore.

Not as list... But as tree.

You can with aptitude already browse the tasks and their contents.
So you can open a specific task and select packages in this task
individually.
If you add buttons for installing the complete task, and maybe hide this
unfolding behind an extra button, you have a nice tasksel...

The *main* important point of tasks is that they are made by people. Not
automatically listing everything based on some computer criteria, but
packages need to be put in these tasks by people.
That should keep the number to a reasonable level automatically.

Maybe i should really pick up my keyword proposal... but not before my
exams next month. I'm preparing for two exams at the same time...

Greetings,
Erich